Friday, October 28, 2011

Bean Boozled - We Dared!

Chabs and I saw this crazy candy over at the snack exchange section yesterday: Bean Boozled jellybeans. Upon looking at the back, it boasted 10 colored jellybeans and 20 flavors: 10 which were heavenly, and 10 which were just plain weird and unmentionable. Intrigued, I bought one. It cost a steep P99.75 for a single box (about as big as a Nerds candy) but believe me-- spending that much on jellybeans was worth it.

Kinda like Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans, eh?

So we staked out a place at the annex part of SM with our giant university floats (supposedly to wash off the aftertaste if we ever ate a jellybean we couldn't tolerate). Before we opened the pack, we were in good hopes. I mean - all of these were still edible in the end, right? It couldn't be that bad. Pfffft.

Among the flavors I so unfortunately ingested were: toothpaste, skunk spray, canned dog food, baby wipes, centipede, moldy cheese, rotten egg and pencil shavings. Chabs got lucky and ate most of the good stuff.

The 20 flavors! 

My top pick for the most "spit-it-out-ASAP" flavor? Not skunk spray or rotten egg (they were tolerable) -- but BABY WIPES. Try mixing one teaspoon of baby powder with one teaspoon of rubbing alcohol, and you have an idea of the horror I went through chewing that one devilish jellybean. Too gross.

My brother also ONLY spit out baby wipes (and he ate a booger and barf-flavored jellybean, mind you) so I guess it makes it official.

Overall, Bean Boozled is a great candy - not to eat, but to have fun with. Try it with a group a friends and find out who's the unluckiest one of all. I won't be eating one of these again though. : >

Good for a mighty rockin' time with your pals :>

2 comments: